With the holiday season upon us the Kindersley RCMP would once again like to remind area residents of some home and shopping safety tips:
- Ensure all doors and windows are locked at your home or business.
- While homeowners are away during the holidays, people are asked to keep an eye out for their neighbours by watching for and reporting suspicious activity to police.
- Plan to be home when packages are supposed to arrive or arrange an alternate pickup location. Check your mail and front step every day.
- Do not mail cash.
- Track your shipments, and if possible, opt for a “signature required” delivery.
- Consider installing surveillance cameras at your home or business.
- When out and about shopping if you have purchases in your vehicle and are continuing to shop make sure to lock those items in your trunks.
Kindersley RCMP would also like to remind residents that there will be an increase in impaired driving check stops for the month of December. The RCMP wants to ensure everyone engages in safe driving practices and that if you are attending holiday functions to make sure you have a designated driver, or a safe way home should you need it.
Online Crime Reporting can be accessed at: https://ocre-sielc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/saskatchewan.
For more information on the calls to service please contact the Kindersley RCMP detachment.