Kindersley Fire and Rescue were dispatched to a structure fire in Kindersley on Christmas Day.

Upon arrival, flames were visible rolling out of the front of the structure and up over the roof. Firefighters entered through the back of the house and conducted a search. No one was inside at the time of the fire. One bedroom was completely destroyed. The cause of the fire is believed to have been an un-extinguished candle in the bedroom.

The Kindersley Fire department would like to remind residents of the dangers involved when burning candles. Don't leave them unattended, be sure they are extinguished, and place them in an area away from other flammable items.