Kindersley Kobras

1.Levi Krahn

2.Adin Wake

4.Konnor Herbert

5.Graysen Jepson

7.Kaden Elliott

9.Hayden Nash

11.Lyndon Campbell

14.Rhys Bacon

15.Levi Bacon

16.Mathew Palmer

20.Charley Fleming

21.Calvin Feader

22.Brandon Miller

26.Tyler Schimpf

30.Mason Kucher

39.Aidin Long

42.Riley Becker

56.Quinton Jorgenson

57.Ben Ortman

72.Rhett Dimitroff

84.Jett Douglas

85.Jayden Smith

87.Ty Stewart

The Kindersley Kobras survived a quarterfinal exit in the 2022 SHSAA Provincial Football Playoffs on Saturday afternoon in dramatic fashion.

With under a minute to go and down by 2 points, Kobra's Levi Krahn ran the ball into the end zone to take the lead and help secure a 37-31 win over the visiting Watrous Wildcats.

It was a close game from the opening kickoff. Both teams exchanged touchdowns in the first quarter, but it was Watrous that held an 8-6 lead after the first. The Wildcats were held scoreless in the 2nd quarter which allowed Kindersley to take the lead thanks to a Krahn touchdown that put the Kobras up by 5 heading into halftime.

Kindersley broke it open right out of the gates in the 3rd quarter and jumped out to a 15 point lead thanks to another touchdown by Krahn and a major from Charley Flemming. That lead would quickly evaporate and turn into a deficit. Watrous stormed back with a pair of Burke Bartko touchdowns to put the Wildcats up.

The game looked as though it was over when the Kobra's offense turned the ball over during a drive in the 4th quarter allowing Watrous to take possession in their own end with under 2 minutes remaining. That's when the defense of the Kobras stepped up and forced the Wildcats to punt. A nice return on the punt set the Kobras up around mid field to start their final drive.

Marching the ball with the clock ticking, Kindersley managed to make a big play with a deep pass that was caught around the 20 yard line. That would help set up the eventual game winning play.

Off the snap, Krahn took the ball and would shed a couple of Wildcats tackle attempts, but there was no denying him. Crossing the goal line with less than 10 seconds to go gave Kindersley the lead back and sent the Kobras bench and their fans into a frenzy. The 2 point conversion was successful which put the Kobra's on top 37-31 and that's how the game would end.

Two plays later on unsuccessful passing attempts from Watrous, the final whistle blew and the game was over.

The Kobras now move on to play Clavet in the 2A 6-Aside semi finals next weekend. The game will be played on Saturday November 5th at 1:00 PM in Clavet.