Residents are being advised to stay 'fire - safe' this year. 

Candles, real Christmas trees, and over loading electrical outlets are some of the fire hazards during the holiday season.  Kindersley Fire Department's Deputy Cheif in charge of Public education, Rod Stevens, says candles one of the biggest fire hazards during the holidays.  Stevens added that you should never leave them unattended especially if you have pets or small children.

Stevens also said real Christmas trees can also be a fire hazard.  He says it is important to keep them from drying out by watering them regularly.