Summer programs are well underway in the town of Leader this year.
One of the recent events for the program the town has put on was their Annual Colour Run, which took place last Thursday.
Zac Pitzel with the town of Leader explained what the event is.
"It was a 5 kilometre run around the town basically," He said. "there was stations set up at various points where there was people with water guns and coloured powder and as people were running by they would squirt them with the water guns and throw the powder at them."
Pitzel said the run started at the town's swimming pool this year and ended at the skating rink with participants running along the perimeter of town.
Event Organizer Jayden Smith talked about how this year's run went.
"The weather was good, we had more people than last year," Smith said. "we had about 60 people register and come in. Everyone seemed to have lots of fun, we added things to the event from last year that seemed to make it better."
She said they changed the route of the run this year and gave runners their own colour pouches so they could throw colour as well.
Overall, it was an improvement over last year's run that saw 30 runners as opposed to 60 this year. Money raised from the run will go towards supporting other summer programs like this in the future.
- Biermann family Biermann family
- Laura Henderson and Sandy Erhman Laura Henderson and Sandy Erhman
- Houstan Andreas Houstan Andreas
- Male winners Peter Kiunga, Jaxson Leach, and Sam Kiunga Male winners Peter Kiunga, Jaxson Leach, and Sam Kiunga
- Parker Frerichs and Rhett Francis Parker Frerichs and Rhett Francis
- Female winner Sandy Erhman Female winner Sandy Erhman
- Theresa Kozak Theresa Kozak
- Family winners David and Stella Cocks Family winners David and Stella Cocks