As the month of June approaches the third Sunday of the month, Dad’s will be on the forefront once again. This year Father’s Day falls on Sunday June 19th, falling six short weeks after Mother’s Day on May 8th.
The first year Father’s Day was celebrated was on June 19th, 1910 in Spokane, Washington, and since then has been celebrated all around the world.
It’s a big day on the calendar year, as we say thank you for all the things that Dad’s do in our lives.
Fun Activities for Father’s Day
- Spending the day outdoors, Golfing, Fishing
- Going to the Movies, the Zoo/Park, Bowling
- Going out for Breakfast, Lunch of Supper
- Doing fun family activities, Biking, Hiking, Camping
Also there is many different Gift Ideas as well
- Anything to do with the BBQ
- Gift Cards to any of his favourite stores
- Sporting Event Tickets, or Memorabilia
- Fishing Equipment
- Gifts “From the Heart” ex. “This Certifies that I Will Cut the Grass this Month”
No matter what you have planned for Father’s Day 2016, or what you plan on giving your Father, he will be happy either way. To all of the Dad’s out there, have a great weekend because you deserve it!!